We’ve taken great care to ensure the highest levels of security around Ford Money. That said, there are a few measures you can take to further protect your account, and which we’ve outlined here.
- Keep your details up to date, especially your address and email. Ensure no-one else can access your email
- Try to avoid accessing your account from a public computer. If you need to however, make sure you close the browser after you’ve finished and ensure it doesn’t remember your login details
- Install a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to help protect your computer from hacking, especially on public wifi networks. A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like Wi-Fi Hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data
- Make sure your firewall software is up to date
- Regularly scan your computer for viruses or malware
- Always log out after you’ve finished managing your Ford Money account online. For extra peace of mind we’ll automatically log you out after 5 minutes of inactivity
A phishing scam is where someone creates a false email to try and uncover your account details.
They usually claim that your account has been compromised, or that you’ve won a prize, and you need to visit your account and log in. Sometimes they’ll ask you to download a file.
It’s our policy to never ask you for personal or account information via email. The links in our emails will only ever take you to information pages (such as informing you of a new account or service we’re offering). We’ll never ask you to download anything from an email.
As a further measure, our emails will always be sent from the domain @fordmoney.co.uk. If you receive a Ford Money email that you’re unsure about, please contact us immediately on 0345 266 1231.
In principle this is phishing but using a voice over the phone (voice phishing - hence vishing). The caller may claim that your account has been hacked and they need to confirm details of your account or personal information.
We will never ask you for your account details over the phone. After all, we can see them on our screens. We’ll always ask you to confirm you’re the real account holder by asking you security questions.
Check your online statements
Check your statements for unauthorised withdrawals. If you spot one, call us on 0345 266 1231 immediately. We'll normally refund them, along with lost interest, provided you’ve taken reasonable precautions to keep your security details safe and haven’t acted fraudulently.
For additional assistance and advice on helping you to stay safe online visit the following links:
Saving With Ford Money
How to open and manage accounts, deposit information, Nominated Account, passwords, your Customer ID - and a guide to tax and savings.
Online Account Management
Run your Ford Money account: from changing interest frequency and making withdrawals, to login troubleshooting and customising your account.