If you can lock a lump sum away for a fixed term, our Fixed Cash ISA rewards you with a competitive, fixed rate of interest and tax-free savings.
- Maximise your savings with the tax-free benefits of an ISA
- Enjoy a fixed rate of interest for locking a lump sum of money away for a set term
- The interest earned on an ISA doesn’t count towards your Personal Savings Allowance so your savings work even harder for you
- You can combine any previously held ISAs into one account
- If you make a withdrawal you won’t lose any of your annual ISA allowance
- Make unlimited deposits in the first 14 days from application
- Our Best Rate Guarantee
- Minimum deposit £500 - maximum balance £2,000,000 (subject to the annual ISA allowance)
- 14 day cooling off period where you’re free to cancel without charge. After that, early withdrawals, transfers-out and closure are subject to a term breakage charge
- Interest can be paid monthly or annually
- Transfers in accepted
- Customise your account with a personal name or savings goal
1 Account closure, withdrawals and transfers-out are permitted. However a term breakage charge* will be applicable if we are instructed to carry out your request within the term. See the Product Terms and Conditions for further information.
All Cash ISAs are tax-free.
But ours are hassle-free too.
Our Cash ISAs enable you to easily manage your annual subscription according to your individual needs, offering both ISA Flexibility and Portfolio ISA features.
For more information read our page on More about our ISAs.
Fixed Cash ISA explained
Discover more ways to save with our Fixed Cash ISA. Our short overview video will walk you through the basics.
Applying for a Cash ISA
For an overview of how to apply for one of our Cash ISAs, watch our helpful video.
Fixed Cash ISA 2 Year
What is the interest rate?
1.55% tax-free*/AER* Annual (fixed)
1.54% tax-free*/AER* Monthly (fixed)
- Interest is calculated daily and can be paid monthly or annually, linked to the date we receive your initial deposit.
Can Ford Money change the interest rate?
- No – your rate is fixed for the length of term for which you apply.
- You will receive the interest rate shown at the time you apply, or if we increase our product rate before you make your initial deposit, you will receive the benefit of the higher interest rate applicable as at the initial deposit date.
What would the estimated balance be based on a £1,000 deposit?
£1031.24 based on £1,000 over 2 years at 1.55%
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 or over and resident in the UK for tax purposes.
- You can open this account online or via telephone.
- This account is accessed and managed online.
- You pay money in from your Nominated Account or from an existing Ford Money account, subject to the Terms and Conditions of that product.
- Your initial deposit must be received within 14 days from the date we receive your application.
- Minimum initial deposit £500.
- Minimum balance £500, maximum balance £2,000,000.
- You can make an unlimited number of deposits and transfers in, within 14 days from the date we receive your application. After this deposit window no additional deposits are permitted.
- The maximum amount of new money you can subscribe to a Cash ISA per tax year is set by HMRC ISA Guidelines.
- Transfers in are accepted, in line with HMRC ISA Guidelines.
Can I withdraw money?
- Account closure, withdrawals and transfers-out are permitted. However a term breakage charge will be applicable if we are instructed to carry out your request within the term (with the exception of your right to cancel the account by notifying us within 14 days from your account’s opening day).
- The term breakage charge is deducted from the amount we pay you and will be equal to 180 days’ gross interest on the amount you cash in, at the rate your account is earning.
- You can close or transfer-out to another provider at the end of the term with no penalty.
- As your Fixed Cash ISA approaches maturity we’ll send you a letter around a month before it matures and a follow up email 14 days before the end of the term. Each communication will explain that you need to log in to see the maturity options that are available to you. You will have until 48 hours before your Fixed Cash ISA matures to select your preferred option(s). If we don’t hear from you by then and we’re offering you another term of the same or similar length, the new term will start automatically on the maturity date of the previous account.
- If you wish to close your Fixed Cash ISA you need to inform us via secure message or by calling us within 14 days from your account’s opening day. Your account will be closed and the agreement between us will be cancelled without charge. The balance on your account, and any interest earned, will be repaid to you in full.
- Subject to HMRC ISA Guidelines, you can split your Cash ISA annual allowance between all or any of our Cash ISA products, provided that your annual allowance is not exceeded across all the Cash ISA products.
- Fixed Cash ISA is classed as a Flexible ISA. Flexible ISA rules allow you to withdraw and replace money in the same tax year without losing any of your tax-free entitlement so any amount you withdraw will be added to your remaining allowance figure for the tax year.
- If you request a transfer of current year ISA subscriptions, the total current ISA subscription amount must be transferred.
- You are responsible for registering and declaring your tax status and tax residencies, and for paying any tax due to HMRC - if your situation changes you need to update us, so please get in touch.
- Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
The information provided above is a summary of the key features of the Ford Money Fixed Cash ISA and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Terms and Conditions. Please make sure you have read the Product Terms and Conditions before applying.
To make sure Fixed Cash ISA is the right product for you,
read the following documents.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Balances up to £85,000 are fully protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
For more information, visit the FSCS website
Personal Savings Allowance
Changes to Government legislation mean that you might not need to pay tax on the interest you earn.
For more information, read our page on the Personal Savings Allowance.
Gross p.a. (per annum) is the taxable rate of interest without the deduction of UK Income Tax per year.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows what the gross rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. Every savings product will communicate an AER, so you’ll be able to compare product rates more easily.
Tax-free means you are exempt from UK Income Tax.
Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
Term Breakage Charge
This is a charge or loss of interest applied if you make a withdrawal from a Fixed ISA product.