A fixed rate of interest means
your savings will always be growing.
At a glance:
- Enjoy a fixed rate of interest for locking a lump sum of money away for a set term
- Minimum deposit £500, maximum balance £2,000,000
- Make unlimited deposits in the first 14 days of us receiving your application
- 14 day cooling off period: after this, your money is locked away for the term
- Customise your account with a personal name or savings goal
- Our Best Rate Guarantee
- Interest can be paid monthly or annually
- Open multiple accounts (combined balances are subject to an overall maximum balance)
- Open an account singly or jointly
Our Best Rate Guarantee
Enjoy our best available rate, even after you’ve applied for your account.
On fixed rate products you’ll receive the interest rate shown at the time you apply, but if we subsequently increase our product rate for new customers before you’ve made your initial deposit, you’ll receive the same higher interest rate.
After all, fair’s fair.
The Summary Box:
Fixed Saver 2 Year
What is the interest rate?
1.80% Gross*/AER* Annual (Fixed)
1.79% Gross*/AER* Monthly (Fixed)
- Interest is calculated daily and can be paid monthly or annually, linked to the date we receive your initial deposit.
Can Ford Money change the interest rate?
- No – your rate is fixed for the length of term for which you apply.
- You will receive the interest rate shown at the time you apply, or if we increase our product rate before you make your initial deposit, you will receive the benefit of the higher interest rate applicable as at the initial deposit date.
What would the estimated balance be based on a £1,000 deposit?
£1,036.32 based on £1,000 over 2 years at 1.80%
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 or over.
- This account can be held jointly with one other person.
- You can open this account online or via telephone.
- This account is accessed and managed online.
- You pay money in from your Nominated Account or from an existing Ford Money account, subject to the Terms and Conditions of that product.
- Your initial deposit must be received within 14 days from the date we receive your application.
- Minimum initial deposit £500.
- Minimum balance £500, maximum balance £2,000,000.
- You can make an unlimited number of deposits within 14 days from the date we receive your application. After this deposit window no additional deposits are permitted.
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals during the term are not permitted.
- You can withdraw at the end of the term with no loss of interest.
- As your Fixed Saver approaches maturity we’ll send you a letter around a month before it matures and a follow-up email 14 days before the end of the term. Each communication will explain that you need to log in to see the maturity options that are available to you. You will have until 48 hours before your Fixed Saver matures to select your preferred option(s). If we don’t hear from you by then and we’re offering you another term of the same or similar length, the new term will start automatically on the maturity date of the previous account.
- If you wish to close your Fixed Saver you need to inform us via secure message or by calling us within 14 days from your account’s opening day. Your account will be closed and the agreement between us will be cancelled without charge. The balance on your account, and any interest earned, will be repaid to you in full.
- As Fixed Saver is a fixed rate product with a set term there is no right to cancel or make withdrawals after this initial 14 day period. Please make sure you’re happy with the product and the interest rate before you apply.
- You are responsible for registering and declaring your tax status and tax residencies, and for paying any tax due to HMRC - if your situation changes you need to update us, so please get in touch.
- Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
The information provided above is a summary of the key features of the Ford Money Fixed Saver and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Terms and Conditions. Please make sure you have read the Product Terms and Conditions before applying.
As Fixed Saver is a fixed rate product with a set term there is no right to cancel or make deposits or withdrawals after the initial 14-day cooling-off period. Please make sure you’re happy with the product and the interest rate before you apply.
Fixed Saver can be opened in singly or in joint names. You can also open a Fixed Saver on behalf of someone else, either under a Power of Attorney or as a Deputy for someone deemed incapable of making their own financial decisions.
Your right to cancel
Should you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel your Fixed Saver within the first 14 calendar days of opening. You will need to inform us via secure message or by calling us.
The minimum deposit for Fixed Saver is £500. You can make unlimited deposits in the first 14 calendar days from the date we receive your application up to a maximum of £2,000,000.
From the day we receive your initial deposit, your Fixed Saver will earn interest daily, based on the balance at the end of each day and calculated as 1/365th of the annual rate.
Interest can be paid annually or monthly on the anniversary date of your initial deposit.
If your Fixed Saver term is equal to a whole year (for example 1-year or 2-year), your interest can be paid into:
- the same Fixed Saver where it’s earned,
- any other Ford Money savings account you hold (subject to its Terms and Conditions),
- your Nominated Account.
For terms that aren’t equal to a whole year (say, 6 or 18-month terms), we’ll pay interest into the same Fixed Saver where it’s earned.
If you have selected for your interest to be paid to your Nominated Account and if the interest due date is a non-business day (Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays), we’ll send your interest payment via BACs on the next business day.
If the anniversary date falls on February 29th, we’ll pay your interest on February 28th, except in leap years when we will pay it on February 29th itself.
As your Fixed Saver approaches maturity, we’ll send you a letter around a month before it matures, and a reminder email 14 days before the end of the term. Each communication explains that you’ll need to log in to see the maturity options that are available to you. You’ll normally have the option to:
- Withdraw your savings,
- Re-invest in another Ford Money Fixed Saver,
- Re-invest in a different Ford Money product,
- Create a combination of any of the above.
If we don’t hear from you, and we’re offering another term of a similar length, we’ll transfer your funds into this new term on the maturity date.Of course, we’ll tell you about this and you’ll have the 14 calendar day Right to Cancel, should you decide you wish to cancel the new account following the maturity date.
Any outstanding interest can be credited to the account of your choosing. This could be either into your Nominated Account or another Ford Money account (subject to its Terms and Conditions).
Interest paid to your Nominated Account will be sent to your account on the maturity date (or the next working day where the maturity date is on a weekend or Bank Holiday). If your account matures over the weekend or on a Bank Holiday, and you're transferring some, or all, of your savings to your Nominated Account, you'll earn additional interest for these days. This will be included in the amount we transfer on the next working day.
The Fixed Saver product is designed to be held for the entire term for which you applied. Account closure is only allowed within the first 14 calendar days of account opening. There are only two situations where we allow withdrawals or terminating early:
- after a Fixed Saver account holder dies – either where the account was held only in his or her name, or where he or she was the last surviving holder of an account that was held jointly with someone else,
- if we make any change to this agreement that is to your disadvantage.
To make sure Fixed Saver is right for you, read the following documents.
Gross p.a. (per annum) is the taxable rate of interest without the deduction of UK Income Tax per year.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows what the gross rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. Every savings product will communicate an AER, so you’ll be able to compare product rates more easily.
Tax-free means you are exempt from UK Income Tax.
Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
Term Breakage Charge
This is a charge or loss of interest applied if you make a withdrawal from a Fixed ISA product.