If you can commit to locking a lump sum away for a while, you’ll easily reach your savings goals with a higher rate of interest than our Flexible Saver.
- Enjoy a fixed rate of interest for locking a lump sum of money away for a set term
- Minimum deposit £500, maximum balance £2,000,000
- Make unlimited deposits in the first 14 days of us receiving your application
- 14 day cooling off period: after this, your money is locked away for the term
- Customise your account with a personal name or savings goal
- Our Best Rate Guarantee
- Interest can be paid monthly or annually
- Open multiple accounts (combined balances are subject to an overall maximum balance)
- Open an account singly or jointly
Our Best Rate Guarantee
Enjoy our best available rate, even after you’ve applied for your account.
On fixed rate products you’ll receive the interest rate shown at the time you apply, but if we subsequently increase our product rate for new customers before you’ve made your initial deposit, you’ll receive the same higher interest rate.
After all, fair’s fair.
Fixed Saver explained
Discover more about our Fixed Saver with this short product overview video.
Applying for a savings product
For an overview of how to apply for one of our savings products, watch our helpful video.
Fixed Saver 2 Year
What is the interest rate?
1.80% Gross*/AER* Annual (Fixed)
1.79% Gross*/AER* Monthly (Fixed)
- Interest is calculated daily and can be paid monthly or annually, linked to the date we receive your initial deposit.
Can Ford Money change the interest rate?
- No – your rate is fixed for the length of term for which you apply.
- You will receive the interest rate shown at the time you apply, or if we increase our product rate before you make your initial deposit, you will receive the benefit of the higher interest rate applicable as at the initial deposit date.
What would the estimated balance be based on a £1,000 deposit?
£1,036.32 based on £1,000 over 2 years at 1.80%
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 or over.
- This account can be held jointly with one other person.
- You can open this account online or via telephone.
- This account is accessed and managed online.
- You pay money in from your Nominated Account or from an existing Ford Money account, subject to the Terms and Conditions of that product.
- Your initial deposit must be received within 14 days from the date we receive your application.
- Minimum initial deposit £500.
- Minimum balance £500, maximum balance £2,000,000.
- You can make an unlimited number of deposits within 14 days from the date we receive your application. After this deposit window no additional deposits are permitted.
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals during the term are not permitted.
- You can withdraw at the end of the term with no loss of interest.
- As your Fixed Saver approaches maturity we’ll send you a letter around a month before it matures and a follow-up email 14 days before the end of the term. Each communication will explain that you need to log in to see the maturity options that are available to you. You will have until 48 hours before your Fixed Saver matures to select your preferred option(s). If we don’t hear from you by then and we’re offering you another term of the same or similar length, the new term will start automatically on the maturity date of the previous account.
- If you wish to close your Fixed Saver you need to inform us via secure message or by calling us within 14 days from your account’s opening day. Your account will be closed and the agreement between us will be cancelled without charge. The balance on your account, and any interest earned, will be repaid to you in full.
- As Fixed Saver is a fixed rate product with a set term there is no right to cancel or make withdrawals after this initial 14 day period. Please make sure you’re happy with the product and the interest rate before you apply.
- You are responsible for registering and declaring your tax status and tax residencies, and for paying any tax due to HMRC - if your situation changes you need to update us, so please get in touch.
- Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
The information provided above is a summary of the key features of the Ford Money Fixed Saver and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Terms and Conditions. Please make sure you have read the Product Terms and Conditions before applying.
To make sure Fixed Saver is right for you, read the following documents.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Balances up to £85,000 are fully protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
For more information, visit the FSCS website
Personal Savings Allowance
Changes to Government legislation mean that you might not need to pay tax on the interest you earn.
For more information, read our page on the Personal Savings Allowance.
Gross p.a. (per annum) is the taxable rate of interest without the deduction of UK Income Tax per year.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows what the gross rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. Every savings product will communicate an AER, so you’ll be able to compare product rates more easily.
Tax-free means you are exempt from UK Income Tax.
Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
Term Breakage Charge
This is a charge or loss of interest applied if you make a withdrawal from a Fixed ISA product.