With our Flexible Cash ISA, you’ll not only receive tax-free interest, you'll also have the ability to withdraw money whenever you want, without any notice or penalties.
- Maximise your savings with the tax-free* benefits of an ISA
- ISA Flexibility – you can replace any cash you withdraw from your ISA within the same tax year without it counting towards your annual ISA allowance (withdrawals and repayments are subject to individual product conditions)
- The interest earned on an ISA doesn’t count towards your Personal Savings Allowance so your savings work even harder for you
- You can combine any previously held ISAs into one account
- If you make a withdrawal you won't lose any of your ISA allowance
- Our Best Rate Guarantee
- Open an account with just £1 – maximum balance £2,000,000 (subject to the annual ISA allowance)
- Transfers in accepted
- Interest can be paid monthly or annually
- Customise your account with a personal name or savings goal
All Cash ISAs are tax-free.
But ours are hassle-free too.
Our Cash ISAs enable you to easily manage your annual subscription according to your individual needs, offering both ISA Flexibility and Portfolio ISA features.
For more information read our page on More about our ISAs.
Flexible Cash ISA explained
If you’d like to discover more about our Flexible Cash ISA, watch this short video for a helpful overview.
Applying for a Cash ISA
For an overview of how to apply for one of our Cash ISAs, watch our helpful video.
Flexible Cash ISA
What is the interest rate?
1.27% Tax-free*/AER* Annual (variable)
1.26% Tax-free*/AER* Monthly (variable)
- Interest is calculated daily and can be paid monthly or annually, linked to the date we receive your initial deposit.
Can Ford Money change the interest rate?
- Yes – this is a variable rate product so we may increase and decrease your interest rate.
- When we increase your interest rate we will inform you at the earliest opportunity. When we decrease your interest rate we will give you at least 60 days’ notice of the reduction.
What would the estimated balance be based on a £1,000 deposit?
£1,012.70 based on £1,000 over 1 year at 1.27%
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 or over and resident in the UK for tax purposes.
- You can open this account online or via telephone.
- This account is accessed and managed online.
- You pay money in from your Nominated Account or from an existing Ford Money account, subject to the Terms and Conditions of that product.
- Your initial deposit must be received within 14 days from the date we receive your application.
- Minimum initial deposit £1.
- Minimum balance £1, maximum balance £2,000,000.
- You can make an unlimited number of deposits.
- The maximum amount of new money you can subscribe to a Cash ISA per tax year is set by HMRC ISA Guidelines.
- Transfers in are accepted, in line with HMRC ISA Guidelines.
Can I withdraw money?
- You can withdraw any available funds in the account, or transfer them to another ISA provider, at any time without notice or loss of interest.
- If we receive your request for a withdrawal by 2pm on any business day, the money should be available in your Nominated Account by the end of the following business day.
- Subject to HMRC ISA Guidelines, you can split your Cash ISA annual allowance between all or any of our Cash ISA products, provided that your annual allowance is not exceeded across all the Cash ISA products.
- Flexible Cash ISA is classed as a Flexible ISA. Flexible ISA rules allow you to withdraw and replace money in the same tax year without losing any of your tax-free entitlement so any amount you withdraw will be added to your remaining allowance figure for the tax year.
- If you request a transfer of current year ISA subscriptions, the total current ISA subscription amount must be transferred.
- You are responsible for registering and declaring your tax status and tax residencies, and for paying any tax due to HMRC - if your situation changes you need to update us, so please get in touch.
- Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
The information provided above is a summary of the key features of the Ford Money Flexible Cash ISA and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Terms and Conditions. Please make sure you have read the Product Terms and Conditions before applying.
To make sure Flexible Cash ISA is the right product for you,
read the following documents.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Balances up to £85,000 are fully protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
For more information, visit the FSCS website
Personal Savings Allowance
Changes to Government legislation mean that you might not need to pay tax on the interest you earn.
For more information, read our page on the Personal Savings Allowance.
Gross p.a. (per annum) is the taxable rate of interest without the deduction of UK Income Tax per year.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows what the gross rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. Every savings product will communicate an AER, so you’ll be able to compare product rates more easily.
Tax-free means you are exempt from UK Income Tax.
Tax treatment is dependent on the personal circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
Term Breakage Charge
This is a charge or loss of interest applied if you make a withdrawal from a Fixed ISA product.